Thursday, July 23, 2009

Ble-u-topia

Maybe my Bleu cheese adoration came from my Dad (mom doesn't really care for the stuff) I love it burgers, hot wings and as a creamy fondue. But recently I had a recipe epiphany- bleu cheese and walnuts are often coupled together in a salad and I love the soft creamy and crisp crunchy texture burst. With a little help from cream cheese I turned this salad topper into an amazing pita spread. Dump a softened block of cream cheese, some dashes of milk, crumbled bleu cheese (amount determined by your level of love for the tangyness) and crushed walnuts. Smooth this on a toasted pita and you have an amazing snack. Slather it on some crusty bread as a basis for a sandwich using last nights left over steak sliced- add some red onion and arugula and you have a great patio dinner date meal. Please share your bleu ideas- I just can't get enough!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

I love adding bleu cheese into my ground meat mix before throwing burgers on the grill. It's a tangy, gooey treat when you bite into them :)