Monday, June 8, 2009

Exercise deserves Relaxation …

Good Afternoon!
I’m feeling very refreshed and rejuvenated after this weekend and this morning. The weekend was super relaxing and this morning I went for a run. I forgot how much more I like running in the morning rather than the afternoon. I always have a minor dilemma when I go for a run. Normally wearing a t-shirt and gym shorts of some kind, there is no good spot for a house key. Since I only use my running shoes for running I’ve used a small ribbon to tie a spare key to the laces. It’s the easiest way I’ve found to keep up with it.

This is a project I completed a while ago but thought I’d share the finishes product. It all started with a old crummy looking coffee table. This table had been painted about a hundred colors last of which was this hideous shade of peach.


With a little transformation it developed into a attractive, functional ottoman. I cut the legs down so that when adding foam and batting to the top it was at a height appropriate for resting those tired soles. A quick coat of paint to the legs and base covered the unsightly coral hue. I used three inch foam, covered with batting and then I used ostrich leather. I secured the layers with a staple gun around the edge of the table. To cover the staples I applied a black velvet ribbon trim. It’s comfy enough to sit on, but sturdy enough to set a tray on. You might consider using a much smaller end table in the same manner as a single foot stool in front of your favorite reading chair or as extra seating to store under your coffee table. Enjoy the before and after.


No comments: