Sunday, June 7, 2009

So my knowledge isn't all self invented, but it is acquired from expert sources. I have collected all of these tidbits of knowledge into notebooks of which I have a complete catalog of entries kept only in my head. I pretty much know which notebook contains exactly which pieces of information and can usually flip to the specific page I'm looking for. These books are my most prized possessions other than heirlooms. Many times people will ask me what may seem like odd questions, but somehow I have the answer, or at least a book that has the answer. I'm using this medium in an effort to share some of these morsels of information. Enjoy...

Love using tea lights? consider making your own. Packages of 10 tea lights are hardly economical, so I usually purchase the bags of 50 or so. The only disappointing thing about this is that white unscented is pretty much the only choice. So in making your own you can have pretty hues and fragrances. You can do this just using muffin tins, both regular size or the mini muffin diameter. Purchase wicks and wax from the craft store. They will come with instructions for heating the wax and added color& flavor. The only thing you will need to do differently for the muffin tins is to coat them with petroleum jelly so the candles will slide right out. These can make a precious gift as well. You could also use tart molds for a fluted shape.

Going shopping at a flee market or garage sales? If you purchase delicate items its sometimes difficult to get them home in one piece. Use a large rolling cooler. Its a great way to transport your new goodies. Throw in a little newspaper to use as a buffer and you'll get those new treasures home in one piece.

I hope these suggestions will perhaps remedy someone else's concern or spark an idea for something else. If its the later, please share.

No comments: